- Rebalance your mind, body and spirit using Ayurveda
- Develop a balanced diet based on your body type, or dosha
- Optimise your health by exercising to suit your body type
- Stretch your body with yoga
Bring your mind, body and spirit into perfect harmony the natural way!
Bequeathed to us by the Rishi holy men who lived in the Indus Valley more than five thousand years ago, Ayurveda is a holistic approach to disease prevention and treatment. Recognising that each of us is unique, it aims to achieve and maintain optimal health and vitality through finding the right combination of diet, exercise, massage, yoga and herbal remedies for each body type. Written by a registered Ayurvedic practitioner, this is a thoroughly modern introduction to maintaining a happy, healthy and long life the Ayurvedic way.
- Discover your body type use questionnaires, checklists and other tools to identify your body type and general state of health
- Optimise your systems get your respiratory, digestive, cardiovascular and musculoskeletal systems working at peak performance and get great skin and hair
- Beat illness treat common ailments, as well as major diseases, including everything from congestion and IBS to arthritis and diabetes
- Eat for balance develop a system–balancing diet tailored to your body type and general state of health
- Just do it! optimise your health with various exercise routines adjusted to your unique body type, age and ability
- Live in harmony relieve stress, beat depression and find inner peace using yoga, meditation, breathing exercises and more
Open the book and find:
- The fascinating 5,000–year story of Ayurveda
- How to identify your body type
- The causes of illnesses and how to detect them
- Easy exercises for achieving mind/body balance
- The right diet for every body type and every season
- How to manage illnesses with diet, lifestyle changes and herbs
- Techniques for reducing stress and finding inner peace
About the Author
Angela Hope–Murray, MSc (Ayur) MA, BSc (Ost), has been a practitioner of complementary medicine for over 30 years. She trained extensively in Ayurvedic Medicine in Britain, the US, Germany and India, becoming a registered Ayurvedic Practitioner in 2001. Angela is a member of the Health Professions Council, and is currently based at The Hale Clinic in London.